So, you were browsing through your amazing playlist and looking at the profile that you are following and suddenly block someone unintentionally. And now you are thinking about how you can unblock that person. Don’t worry. We got your back.
Although the Spotify application is an awesome music provider to almost have more than half a billion people, it can be a little confusing to find some functions in it. Unblocking a profile is one of them.
You can block someone both intentionally and unintentionally. Whatever the reason is, if you want to know how to unblock someone on Spotify, you are at the right place. We will describe different methods that you can use to unblock someone on Spotify. So let’s delve in.
Unblock Someone On Spotify:
The Spotify application provides its users with two versions.
- Desktop version
- Mobile application version
This means that there are 2 basic methods to unblock someone on Spotify depending on the platform version you are using. Let’s discuss the desktop version first.
Method – 1: How to Unblock Someone on Spotify Desktop Version:
The desktop version provides a very complicated user interface. The following image will help you understand this:
As you can observe, the user interface is filled with album covers, current song playing, favorite songs, etc. In all this mess, it can be a little difficult to find the way through which you can unblock someone.
The whole process of unblocking someone is simplified in the following steps:
- Open the desktop application of Spotify from your computer or go to the official website of the platform and sign in to your account.
- Once you have opened the website, go to the search section (identified with the red box in the image below.)
Read Also: How to Cancel Amazon Music Subscription?
- After you have opened the search box, type in the username of the person you have blocked. This will make the profile appear in the “top results.” Type in the username correct so that the exact profile you are looking for can appear.
- After you have searched for the profile you want to unblock, simply open it. Three dots will appear on the right side of the “follow/following” button. Click on these dots.
- Click on the “Unblock” button and the profile/user will be unblocked. An indicator notification will appear on the bottom of your screen when the unblocking has been done saying, “You have unblocked this account.”
In case you find it hard to find the account you want to unblock, add an “@” symbol before the username. All of the profiles with similar names will appear and you can unblock the one you want.
This is a simple method to unblock someone on Spotify. Although, there is one problem that people face most of the time when it comes to unblocking a particular profile. That is people forget the username of the person they want to unblock.
Unblocking someone on Spotify without knowing their username is extremely tough (near impossible). Although the following tips can help you dodge this hurdle.
- You can check your email or search history to find out if there is anything related to the profile whose username you have forgotten. This might help you remember the username.
- You can look for other social accounts of the person on different social media accounts. There might be a chance that they have a similar username on Spotify also.
Now that we have discussed the first method of unblocking someone on Spotify’s desktop version, let’s discuss how you can do it on your mobile application.
Read Also: Heardle 60s- Listen Popular Track with 60s
Method – 2: Unblocking Someone on Spotify Mobil Application Version:
Unblocking someone on Spotify’s mobile application version is a lot different than the process we have discussed above. In order to use this approach, you must unlock the profile in your account’s settings. You can achieve it by taking the subsequent actions:
- First of all, sign in to your Spotify account if you haven’t already in your mobile application.
- Once you have done that, click the settings icon on the top right corner of the user interface of the application.
- After opening the settings of your account, scroll down to the “privacy and social” option and click on it.
- Open the option and scroll down to “blocked” and open it. It will provide a list of the banned profiles for you.
- A list of all the profiles you have blocked will appear. The “unblock” option will be available right next to the profiles.
- After clicking the button, the profile will be unblocked.
- The notification will appear just like the desktop version.
Spotify is one of the widely used music applications among music enthusiasts around the globe. But sometimes you block someone intentionally or unintentionally and have to unblock them again.
We have provided detailed and comprehensive details of How to Unblock Someone on Spotify.
The methods for both the desktop and mobile application versions are provided so you can unblock someone on Spotify easily.