Writing quality content for your business is essential for growth as it delivers value to your customers. The standard of this quality can vary according to the nature of the audience. However, a specific standard that you can consider while creating content is E-A-T. This standard is developed by Google and describes factors that quality content contains.
Including these factors in the content not only increases its quality but also increases your chances of getting ranked higher in the search engines. In this blog, we will get deeper into the details of the E-A-T standard of content creation. Let’s begin with…
What Is EAT-Friendly Content?
E-A-T is a term coined by Google to describe different factors a piece of content should have to get ranked in the search engine results. It stands for expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness.
These factors help provide quality information to audience which helps in trust building. In result, people consume your content more often. This indicates Google that people like your content and it ranks it higher in the search results.
How To Write EAT-Friendly Content
EAT-friendly content is based on three main factors expertise, authority and trust. Therefore, your content should showcase these factors to achieve customer trust and loyalty. Here you will get some effective tips for writing EAT-friendly content that must be accordingly to these factors:
EAT content should be written clearly and concisely to show expertise that will make you able to bring customers’ trust. Expertise will make you an authority in your niche. Here you can get some effective tactics to show expertise:
- Conduct Research: The first step to show expertise in certain topics is to research that topic to gather information. Then, you should know your customers’ requirements to meet their needs. This strategy will enhance your expertise in front of your audiences and improve conversion rates.
- References: It is helpful for you to improve your expertise by providing references and the researchers’ intent behind that research. Your references and information should be accurate and credible to create a trustworthy customer relationship.
Authority leads to generating trust and credibility with your customers. This also helps a business gain customers’ loyalty and drives conversion rates. Here are a few tips for building authority:
- Backlinks: Backlinks are the connection between a website to another website through links. You should focus on building backlinks to an authoritative website to earn Google’s trust, which enables you to drive more audience to your site.
- Testimonials and Reviews: Customers often read reviews and see brand testimonials. You can achieve new visitors’ trust by showing them your latest positive reviews and testimonials. It also helps you to boost your conversion rates.
- Guest Posting: Guest posting, also known as guest blogging, allows businesses to publish their blogs as a guest to boost their reputation. You can write content for blog websites to enhance your online visibility and improve your chances of driving an organic audience to your site.
Trustworthy content attracts readers’ attention and builds their trust in your content. Therefore, you should write trustworthy content to make your brand authoritative and maintain your reputation. Here you can get some effective tips for writing trustworthy content:
- Website Design: Your website design is important in making your content attractive. You must maintain a simple and attractive design for your site to drive an organic audience to your site.
- Security: Secure website has the ability to build confidence in your customers to make an online purchase. It is also necessary to earn customers’ trust and loyalty.
- Transparency: Being transparent about your business values and intentions to achieve trust is helpful. The trust factor will help you to drive an organic audience to your site and boost conversion rates.
User Experience and Engagement
How users interact with a website is important for Google’s ranking system. EAT-based content is more user-friendly to enhance customers’ engagement and drive the website’s ranking. Here you will find some actionable tips to develop customers engagement:
- Readability Factor: The readability factor is vital in developing customer engagement. Writing organized and well-structured content is important to increase content’s readability. It should be written concisely and have headers, sub-headers and bullet points.
- Mobile-friendly: It is essential to optimize your website for mobile searches because most searchers use mobile phones to find solutions to their queries. It enables your website to enhance customer engagement and drives more organic traffic.
- Interactive Elements: Interactive elements are also helpful in improving customers’ engagement with your website. Therefore, must use interactive elements, such as images, videos and infographics, to maintain your customers’ engagement.
Creating quality content for your business is essential for growth. This quality can be ensured by following the E-A-T strategy of Google. This strategy basically indicates different factors a content should have to be valuable and rank higher in search results. You can implement this standard in your content according to the factors discussed above.