These days’ people prefer to store their data related to their important document files, photos, and videos over cloud storage servers instead of keeping them on local storage. The problem here is that they do not know which storage cloud service they should prefer and which one would be secure for their data.
PCloud is one of the most famous and recommended cloud storage service platforms for anyone who is seeking convenient and efficient cloud storage for a lifetime. They provide effective data security to their users. Just like other cloud services, they provide data backup options, too.
In this article, we are going to give you a comprehensive guide that will explain you all about pCloud storage and its file management. You will get to know all the features and steps to join this cloud storage platform. If you want to know all this, then read this guide thoroughly.
Brief Overview of pCloud
It can be said that pCloud is one of the most popular cloud storage platforms that offers an ultimate download and upload speed for data from the device to the cloud and vice versa. This platform was launched around 2013, and it proved itself as one of the best cloud services.
One of the best things about this platform is that it is one of the first cloud storage service platforms that offers a lifetime plan to its users. It does not restrict the downloading and uploading of files, no matter what size they are. It offers backup features that, along with your data, you can back up your social media accounts and even WordPress sites on this cloud storage.
Steps to Create an Account
There are some very simple steps that need to be followed while creating an account on this platform. But there are two methods that can be used to create your account, which can be either with an email address or with your Facebook, Apple ID, and Google account.
Create an Account with Facebook, Apple ID, and Google account.
- Open your browser and search for the official website of pCloud.
- You will see a Sign-Up option on the Homepage.
- Click on Continue with Facebook, Google, or Apple ID.
- After confirming your registration, you will be done.
Create an Account with an Email
- Open your browser and search for the official website
- You will see a Sign-Up button on the Homepage. Click on it.
- A registration screen will appear on your screen.
- Type a valid email address.
- Create a strong and unique password using different characters.
- You will receive a verification link in your email.
- Click on the verification link received in your email.
- Your account has been created.
How to Use it?
There are multiple ways to use this platform to store, sync, share, upload and download. Follow this guide to use this cloud storage service.
How to add Local Folder to Sync?
To add a local folder to sync, you can follow these simple steps, and you are good to go.
- Launch pCloud and select the option of Sync from the panel.
- Click on the option of “Add New”.
- All local folders will appear on your screen.
- Click on a folder you want to sync.
- After selecting the local folder, select the Cloud Drive folder.
- Navigate to the directory of the drive folder where you want to sync the local folder.
- Select the option of “Save” and then click on the option of “Add Sync”.
- The process of syncing will start immediately and the synced data will be available on all devices connected with the cloud.
How to upload files?
You can follow this simple guide step by step to upload files or folders to the cloud.
- Open the app and click on the Upload button.
- Select a file or folder you want to upload.
- Select the option of “Browse for file” or “Pick Folder”.
- Click on the files or folders you want to upload.
- Click on the “Open” or “OK” button.
How to Share Files?
You can easily share your photos, videos, and document files with anyone you want by using the options of invite to a folder, share the upload link, and share the download link. You can change permission for who can view or edit the shared content. You just have to give permission after they accept your invitation to view the shared files and folders.
How can you Restore Deleted files?
In case you have deleted your files or folders mistakenly, there is nothing to be worried about because we have your back. Your deleted files or folders are kept in backup for at least 15 days in its free version and for 30 days in the premium version after you delete them so you can restore them.
- Open the cloud service.
- Go to the trash folder.
- All the deleted data will appear there.
- Click on the item you want to restore.
- Click on the restore option, and the selected item will be restored to its previous location.
Although you can use pCloud service for free with storage of up to 10 GB there are some subscription plans you can avail of according to your requirements which are given below.
- Premium Lifetime Plan worth $199 with 500 GB storage.
- Premium plus Lifetime Plan worth $399 with 2 TB storage.
- Custom Lifetime Plan worth $1190 with 10 TB storage.
- Crypto per month Plan worth $4.17 with up to 10 GB storage.
- Premium per month Plan worth $4.17 with 500 GB storage.
- Premium plus per month Plan worth $8.33 with 2 TB storage.
pCloud has competed its competitors with its unique features. This online file management and cloud storage system is one of the perfect alternatives to storage-limited services like iCloud and Google Drive. But at first you can give it a try by using its free versions. They provide decent download and upload speed. We hope this guide was helpful to you.