Knowing how to block someone on LinkedIn can bring you and your business benefits you might not even know. LinkedIn is a social platform for professionals where they share their expertise about different professions.
The platform provides you the ability to connect with different people and businesses. You can do so by customizing your profile that includes all the necessary information about you.
Let’s face it. The platform that provides access to almost everyone has a greater chance of containing fake profiles. That is the same case with LinkedIn. It is a public platform. Anybody can use it. Even the scammers. That’s the reason why you should stay alert while building your profile’s reputation here.
That’s what we are here to help you with. In this article, we will make you understand how to block someone on LinkedIn.
So, let’s begin.
Why You Should Know How to Block Someone on LinkedIn?
This is the first thing you have to clear before you go and block people on LinkedIn. You see, LinkedIn is a profession-related platform. You have to maintain a good reputation there in order to increase your credibility in your respective field.
Having the right people on your profile is one of the best ways to do so.
The problem with that is you don’t always know what profile is good to connect with. It is an era of total digital scamming. People just connect with you to spam you and get different sorts of benefits. Some just do that for fun.
In short, you should know how to block someone on LinkedIn so that:
- They can’t spam you
- They can’t send you inappropriate information in your direct messages
- They can’t hire you for a fake company, or get hired as a fake professional
It is even becoming common in B2B profiles also. Many fake businesses can contact you in order to scam you or harm your credibility on this super productive platform. That’s exactly the reason why you need to know how to block someone on LinkedIn.
Now, let’s discuss how you can do this.
How to Block Someone on LinkedIn?
On LinkedIn, blocking a profile is a simple process. You may accomplish it by just following a few easy steps. These steps are listed below:
- When you are on the homepage of your LinkedIn profile, go to the search section.
- Once you are there, type in the name or username of the person you want to block
- Now, a list of people having similar names will appear. Browse the list and click on the profile you want to block.
- Once you have opened it, click on the “view full profile” option.
- This will take you to their full profile where you can easily block them.
- After opening their profile, click on “more”
- This will open a list of options you can perform. Look for the Block/Report option and click on it.
- Next, LinkedIn will ask you to choose either to block the person or report them. Click on the blocking option.
- In the next step, the platform will ask you again if you are sure about the action or not. Simply click on the “block” and that profile will be blocked.
What Happens When You Block a Profile On LinkedIn?
Now that you know how to block someone on LinkedIn, it is also important to discuss what consequences it will bring for you and, ultimately, for them.
You see, blocking someone means ending any kind of connection with them. The same is for LinkedIn. When you block someone on LinkedIn, you are unable to visit or see their profiles. The same is for the person you block.
Let’s say you are a business and you regularly send newsletters to your followers. Once you have blocked a profile that was in the newsletter list, they will be unable to receive them also.
In short, you cut out any kind of connection you had with that profile you just blocked.
How to Unblock Someone On LinkedIn?
Just as crucial as knowing how to ban someone on LinkedIn is understanding how to unblock a profile. I guess this step is just as simple as the first one. Let’s discuss it.
- When on the homepage, click on your profile (‘me’ section)
- After that, click on the “Settings and Privacy” option
- This will take you to the settings of your profile where you can make the required change to it
- Now, you have to click on the option named “Visibility”
- Scroll down the option stating “Blocking”
- It will show you the list of all the people you have blocked on LinkedIn
- Click on the “Unblock” available on the profile you want to unblock. After that, LinkedIn will ask for your password. Input your profile’s password and you will unblock the profile of that person/business.
It is important to know how to block someone on LinkedIn but you have to consider that you should not block anyone unnecessarily. That is because LinkedIn is a platform where mostly professional people connect with each other. Therefore, it will be highly unethical if you block someone without any definite reason.
LinkedIn is a productive social platform where people related to different professions connect with each other. Since it is a professional platform, building a profile with high credibility increases your reputation here.
Adding only credible people to your profile is one of the best ways to do so. This also means that you should block any person who is a spammer or fake. This is the reason why you should know how to block someone on LinkedIn.
In the information given above, we have provided a comprehensive note on how you can do so in a few simple steps.